Thursday, March 26, 2015

Coming to a Close - Interesting Dreams

To anyone who enjoys reading here I apologize I haven't written anything in a really long time. I've been trying to restructure my learning schedule and also had an opportunity to switch jobs for the first time in half a decade so while I've been investing a lot in updating my professional life and (I hope) my spiritual life, I haven't been investing any time or energy in my writing.

One of the goals I have with this blog is to focus my posts on threshing out ideas based either on Torah or at least logical reasoning. I don't like to spend too much time on "feelings" that aren't backed up by some sort of evidence/logic as everyone has their own feelings and whose to say mine are any more relevant than yours that you should be spending time contemplating mine instead of your own?

I especially never intended to speak about my dreams as Chazal says that there is no dream without at least some element of nonsense, and mine in particular never seem to have any significant meaning worth speaking about. However, I have had several dreams over the last several months which I view as significant in that while I'm not some mekubal that can interpret them or even confirm they do have some sort of message, they had quite a significant emotional affect on me both during the dream and after I woke up (including a really striking one the night before the Har Nof shul massacre).

I'd like to share my most recent one as it greatly ties into how I've been feeling lately. I was living in some sort of real-life post apocalyptic tv shows or movies. I'm not sure if the reason had been war or zombies or who knows what, but civilization had collapsed and I was in a group of survivors scavenging for food and supplies. I started telling one of my comrades that G-d was bringing the world to an end and he said something to the effect of, "He already did, look around you." I replied that I didn't mean civilization collapsing, but something even more than that. That even for the survivors - Hashem was bringing their world to an end and that human history was about to come to it's complete end even for those of us still around. As I was telling him this I started crying my eyes out and I said something to the effect of, "It's all going to be finished." Just as I completed that sentence I woke up from the dream!

I don't currently have the head-space to comment on the amazing rate of deterioration (or should I say revelation of the true nature) of Israel's relationship with America, nor the expansion of conflicts in the middle east. I'll leave that to bloggers like Rabbi Brody and Devash. And although Nissan/Pesach as well as shmita is an auspicious time for Am Yisrael, and I'm sure many geula bloggers will make connections to this, I also won't get into that right now. I guess I just need to take a step back for a moment, look at the bigger picture and get off my chest that while I and a lot of people I know have spoken over the last decade or so about how history seems to be speeding up, I feel like in the last year and the last few months even that heightened rate of acceleration is drastically picking up the pace.

Like I said I'm not going to use this post to try and make any ramazim through current events or the like. I just want to say that regardless of any particular instances, I just have this general feeling in my gut of "Whoah, what is going on here?" and I guess I'm just curious if anyone else is feeling that as well? If so please feel free to share.

Shabbat Hagadol Shalom and Chag Kasher v'sameach. May we only hear good things for Am and Eretz Yisrael.

8 comments:

  1. Shavua Tov

    This post has been included in the latest Shabbat HaGadol, Tzav: Jewish Blog Carnival Combo, Havel Havelim and Kosher Cooking Carnival. Please visit, read the other blog posts, enjoy and share, thanks.
    Join our Jewish blogging communities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael B. Oren said:

    “The dangers became apparent in September 2000 as a Black Hawk helicopter transported me and my combat gear across the West Bank. The previous night, I looked out from our Jerusalem balcony and saw crimson fireworks bursting over the West Bank. Arafat had recently met with President Clinton and Israel Prime Minister Ehud Barak at Camp David and turned down their offer of Palestinian statehood in Gaza, virtually all of the West Bank, and half of Jerusalem.

    The Palestinians were now celebrating the failure of peace.”

    SOURCE: Ally (page 35) by Michael B. Oren (former ambassador of Israel to the United States), year 2015 CE, Random House, New York

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cornelius Tacticus, the famous Jew-hating Roman historian who lived from year 56 CE (approximately) to year 120 CE said:

    “Much of Judea is thickly studded with villages, and the Jews have towns as well.
    Their capital is Jerusalem. Here stood their Temple with its boundless riches.”

    MODERN SOURCE OF QUOTE:
    The Western World (page 141) by Pearson Custom Publishing, year 2009 CE

    ORIGINAL SOURCE OF QUOTE:
    The Histories by Tacitus, The Jews (Book 5), paragraph 8 of 13.

    CONCLUSIONS FROM THIS QUOTE:
    {1} Muslims are LYING when they deny that Jews trace their historical origins to the Land of Israel.

    {2} Muslims are LYING when they deny that Jerusalem is the historical capital of the Jewish state.

    {3} Muslims are LYING when they deny that the Jewish Temple existed in Jerusalem.

    {4} Notice that Tacticus mentioned Judea, NOT Palestine.

    {5} Tacticus never mentioned the Palestinian people, even though he wrote much about Jews and their land, because there were no Palestinian people in his time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael B. Oren said:

    “Negotiating with a representative of the Libyan pirates in [year] 1786, Thomas Jefferson was told that the Quran commanded the destruction of all non-believers, Americans included.”

    SOURCE: Ally (page 41) by Michael B. Oren (former ambassador of Israel to the United States), year 2015 CE, Random House, New York

    ReplyDelete
  5. Israel is being buried-alive under an avalanche of false accusations.
    These web sites can help refute those false accusations:


    HELP SUE THE TERRORISTS:
    ************************************************

    www.IsraelLawCenter.org

    HELP FIGHT ISRAEL-BASHING ON-CAMPUS:
    ************************************************

    www.DavidProject.org
    www.JewHatredOnCampus.org
    www.TheIsraelGroup.org

    HELP DEFEND ISRAEL FROM UNFAIR MEDIA:
    ************************************************

    www.camera.org
    www.FactsAndLogic.org
    www.HonestReporting.com
    www.memri.org
    www.memriTV.org
    www.MythsAndFacts.org
    www.TheIsraelProject.org

    www.BBCwatch.org www.jhrw.com
    www.PalWatch.org

    HELP-ISRAEL ORGANIZATIONS TO JOIN:
    ************************************************

    www.afsi.org
    www.aipac.org
    www.IsraelBonds.com
    www.KeepJerusalem.org
    www.rza.org
    www.zoa.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. **********************************
    FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    **********************************

    Mohammed’s last words before he died:

    “O Lord, kill the Jews and Christians.”

    SOURCE: Hadith Malik, 511:1588

    EXPLANATION: Islam teaches that Mohammed’s
    later teachings take priority over his older teachings.
    Therefore, the later the teaching, the greater it is.
    Therefore, Muslims must believe that Mohammed’s
    last words were his most important words.
    Hadith is an Islamic holy book, like the Koran.

    ____________________________________________________

    Qatari Cleric Muhammad Al-Muraikhi said on Qatar TV:

    “We will treat the Jews as our enemies,
    even if they return Palestine to us,
    because they are infidels.”

    SOURCE:
    Muslim Anti-Semitism Compilation, 2009 January 9
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu6Ond1ESq8

    ____________________________________________________

    Palestinian Cleric Wael Al-Zarrad on Hamas/Gaza TV:

    “In short, these are the Jews.
    As Muslims, our blood vengeance against them will only
    subside with their annihilation, Allah willing,
    because they tried to kill our prophet [Mohammed,
    born around year 570 CE, died 632 CE] several times.”

    SOURCE:
    Muslim Anti-Semitism Compilation, 2008 February 28
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu6Ond1ESq8

    ____________________________________________________

    Please help Shurat HaDin SUE the terrorists in court:

    www.IsraelLawCenter.org

    http://israellawcenter.org/pr/terror-victims-win-court-victory-over-iran/

    www.causematch.com/projects/shurat-hadin-givingtuesday/
    http://5tjt.com/the-campaign-that-will-cause-a-storm-in-the-us-a-dubbed-video-in-which-the-speakers-call-to-kill-muslims/

    Shurat HaDin’s victory for Israel on FaceBook:
    www.algemeiner.com/2016/01/08/facebook-finally-caves-on-anti-israel-hate-pages/

    Thank you!

    PS: Check out these pro-Israel web sites: www.camera.org * www.HonestReporting.com * www.memri.org * www.ActForAmerica.org * www.aish.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Israel-Bashing BDS Movement refuted by Alan Dershowitz:

    www.aish.com/jw/me/Alan-Dershowitz-Dismantles-the-BDS-Movement.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Israel and the United Nations

    (complete transcript of a short pro-Israel
    speech by Mr. Patrick Condell)

    http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2016/09/israel-and-united-nations.html

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and opinions are great but please no vulgarity